A bit over a year ago I posted my Bucket List of Future Wanderings on my blog. I was blessed to be able to go to two of the ten places this summer (Iceland and Russia) and all I can say about that trip is–boy did we nail it! Amazing when expectations for a place you’ve always wanted to go to are actually exceeded. I’ve refined the old list (combined Chicago/New York as one trip–cheating some would say), added to and subtracted from it. My latest wandering desires…
1. Turkey Now more than ever before.
2. Cuba I’d like to get here before the country goes through too many changes
3. Prague Some cities will remain on the list until I see them. Prague is one of them
4. Peru More than Machu Pichu but I’d certainly like to go there if I ever get to Peru
5. Morocco New to the list this time. Not sure but the more I see of Morocco the more I am intrigued by it.
6. China/Mongolia Great Wall I’d love to go off the beaten path–and I’d also like to see Beijing’s Forbidden City.
7. New York/ Chicago Art Tour Believe it or not, I’m thinking winter time for this one
8. Yukon/ Northwest Territories If you can call 2,500 kms away “in your own backyard” then I guess this would qualify.
9. Laos I am not in the know as to what to do in Laos, but it still seems like such an undiscovered place
10. Malaysia/ Thailand Of course very different countries but close enough to each other once you have to travel half way around to the world to get to them.
Great list. Prague is wonderful, and I would recommend visiting in the winter or late autumn because there are fewer tourists and so much romantic charm. Great food and gothic perfection. Laos sounds intriguing.
Never thought of Prague in off season (i can never go anywhere in Fall during harvest) but good to know it nice then.
Please let me know when you are accepting applications for a porter. 🙂 Seriously, an inspirational list!